PAYMENT FEE, PAYMENT SCHEDULE & WITHDRAWAL REFUND POLICY
Team Registration Fee: US$5,000 total
Registration Fee Payment Schedule
Payment 1 US$1,000, due within 5 business days of notice your team has been selected to race (anticipated January 2019)
Payment 2 US$3,000, due no later than April 1, 2019
Payment 3 US$1,000, due no later than July 1, 2019
Withdrawal and Refund Policy We have established a Withdrawal and Refund Policy for Eco-Challenge Fiji to ensure that teams who apply are committed to racing:
- Late Payments: if any payment of the Team Registration Fee is more than 20 days past due according to the Eco-Challenge Fiji Registration Fee Payment Schedule, Eco-Challenge reserves the right to remove the team from the racing roster and the applicable Withdrawal and Refund Policy amount will apply.
Withdrawal, Refund Amount:
in the case of team withdrawal for any reason, forced or otherwise, the Team Registration Fee paid to Eco-Challenge may be refunded to the Team Captain minus a cancellation fee pursuant to the following:
- Withdrawal before April 1, 2019: refund of 100% of the Team Registration Fee paid to date less a US$100 cancellation fee.
Withdrawal between April 1 and July 1, 2019:
- If Eco-Challenge is able to replace the withdrawing team, refund of 50% of the Team Registration paid to date less a US$300 cancellation fee; OR
- If Eco-Challenge is unable to replace the withdrawing team, no refund.
- Withdrawal after July 1, 2019: no refund.
All withdrawal and refund requests must be addressed to Eco-Challenge in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection of teams and all decisions regarding the Withdrawal and Refund Policy is in Eco-Challenge’s sole and absolute discretion. Eco-Challenge reserves the right to change, amend and modify the foregoing policy (in whole or in part) in its sole and absolute discretion.
You and your Teammates acknowledge that there is a possibility that after submitting this Competitor Registration Form, you may be informed of additional obligations or eligibility requirements that must be met in order to continue on in the team selection process which were unknown or unsuspected at the time this Competitor Registration Form was submitted and which, if known by you at that time, may have materially affected your decision to submit this form. You and your Teammates acknowledge and agree that by reason of this Competitor Registration Form, and the release of liability contained in the Terms of Registration, You and your Teammates are assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims.
Please enter information for each competitor on the team and assistant crew member
If you do not have all members of your team at this time, you may modify or update us of your additions/changes to team members or assistant crew member by emailing us at email@example.com . Be advised you should not submit on the website - you must email us to add members or modify.
TEAM VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
Please make a 5-10 minute video of your 4 team members and the 1 assistant crew member.
Suggestions to cover in your video
- Name, age, hometown and current city for all 5 team members
- What is your team name? Why?
- How long have you known each other and what is your relationship to each other?
- What is your team’s experience with outdoor activities/adventure races and other races?
- What does your team bring to this competition that is unique?
- How competitive is your team?
- Why do you want to race in Eco-Challenge?
- Include anything else that separates your team and makes you memorable.
Technical Tips For Making Your Video
- Have someone else record your team or use a tri-pod. Don't hold the camera yourself.
- Don't interview other people talking about your team.
- Make sure you have lots of energy!!
- When you are shooting indoors, turn on every light in the room before you begin and DO NOT film in front of a window.
- Don’t film in front of any posters, paintings, photographs, sculptures, or any other copyrighted or trademarked material.
- Do not add music or have any music or other audio playing in the background
- Don’t wear any logos or clothing with copyrighted material (e.g., photos, graphics, etc.).
- Don’t film in a setting with a lot of background noise - like near a busy street.
- Check your video before you send it in - make sure your team can be seen and heard.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR COMPLETED SUBMISSION TO YOUTUBE OR VIMEO AS AN UNLISTED VIDEO AND THEN EMAIL A LINK TO YOUR TEAM VIDEO TO: firstname.lastname@example.org BY JANUARY 18, 2019.